Application deadlines for International Students - 2018/2019
|1st period||2nd period||3rd period|
|1st Cycle (Bachelor and Integrated Master Degree)||01st February - 23rd March 2018||09th May - 27th June 2018||07th August - 07th September 2018|
|2nd Cycle||06th June - 11th July 2018||16th August - 31st August 2018|
|3rd Cycle/PhD||02nd July - 14th August 2018||03rd December 2018 - 16th January 2019|
The International Student is the one that does not have Portuguese nationality.
Who cannot apply as an International Student?
- Nationals of a European Union country;
- Those, who are not nationals of a European Union country, and live in Portugal for more than two years, uninterruptedly, at 31st August of the year intended to register and enroll in a higher education establishment. For studying purposes the length of residence, with residence permit, is not relevant;
- Those who want to register an enroll through the Special Conditions of Entrance (Decreto-Lei nº 393-A/99, de 2 de outubro, modified by the Decreto-Lei nº 272/2009, de 1 de outubro);
- Foreign students that are currently registered and enrolled at a Portuguese higher education institution through an international mobility programme, in order to complete part of a cycle of studies from a foreign higher education institution, with whom the Portuguese institution has established an exchange agreement for that purposes.
All the information available on the special access for International Students can be found in the following legislation:
- Decreto-Lei n.º 36/2014, de 10 de março, modified by the Decreto-Lei n.º 113/2014, de 16 de julho and the Decreto-Lei n.º 62/2018, de 6 de agosto;
- Despacho n.º 8175-B/2014, de 23 de junho, modified by the Despacho n.º 8295/2015, de 29 de julho and the Despacho n.º 750/2016, 15 de janeiro.
The first document (Decreto-Lei n.º 36/2014, de 10 de março) establishes the International Student conditions and the requirements that an applicant must have in order to apply to a higher education institution.
This information does not discharge the reading of the above mentioned legislation.