- Currents and dislocations and the continuum scale, Meth. Appl. Analysis, 23 (1), 2016
- Analysis of the incompatibility operator and application in intrinsic elasticity with dislocations, Siam J. Math. Analysis, 48 (1), 320-348, 2016
- A compatible-incompatible decomposition of symmetric tensors in $L^p$ with application to elasticity, Math. Meth. Appl. Sc., 38 (18), 5217–5230, 2015
- Topology optimization methods with gradient-free perimeter approximation, Interfaces and Free Boundaries, 14 (3), 401-430, 2012
- Damage and crack evolution by shape optimization methods, J. Comput. Phys. 230 (12), 5010-5044, 2011
Nicolas Van Goethem
ContactosDepartamento de Matemática
Ext. Principal 26220
Telefone Direto 217500486
Categoria Bolseiros de Investigação
My research interests are connected to defect modelling in solid materials. This encompasses damage-based fracture in elastic and elasto/plastic materials, and dislocation and disclinations modelling in single crystals.
The mathematical tools used and developed for this purposes are variational methods, differential geometry and topological sensitivity analysis. Linear and nonlinear elasticity, plasticity, Continuum mechanics and thermodynamics are investigated to develop these models.
Theoretical and numerical results are sought.