Lisete Maria Ribeiro de Sousa
ContactosDepart. de Estatística e Invest. Operac.
Ext. Principal 26425
Telefone Direto 217500235
Carreira Docente Universitário
Categoria Professor Associado
Graduated in Statistics and Operational Research at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon (FCUL), in 1995, Lisete Sousa completed her Masters degree in Probability and Statistics at FCUL in 1998. She holds a PhD in Probability and Statistics since 2004.
Currently, she is an Associate Professor in the Department of Statistics and Operational Research of FCUL, teaching Statistics Curricular Units in the graduate programs like Applied Statistics and Biology, masters degrees in Biostatistics and in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, as well as in doctoral programs in the field of Bioinformatics. She was the coordinator of the Masters in Biostatistics from September 2009 until January 2017.
Coordinator of the Center for Statistics and Applications (CEAUL) since January 2017, and researcher since 2004, her main research interests are the development of statistical methodologies with application in Molecular Biology, in close collaboration with researchers from the University of Lisbon and other Research Units.
- Silva-Fortes, C., Freitas, A., Roque, S., Sousa, L. (2016). Arrow Plot and CA Maps for Visualizing the Effects of Background Correction and Normalization Methods on Microarray Data. In "Pattern Recognition in Computational Molecular Biology: technologies and approaches", M. Elloumi, C. S. Iliopoulos, J. T. L. Wang, A. Y. Zomaya, Editors, John Wiley & Sons, pp. 394-416. (ISBN-10:1118893689)
- Carteiro, D., Caldeira, S., Sousa, L., Costa, D., Mendes, C. (2016). Clinical validation of the nursing diagnosis of sexual dysfunction in pregnant women. International Journal of Nursing Knowledge 28(4), 219-224. (DOI: 10.1111/2047-3095.12139)
- Clarke, L.A., Botelho, H., Sousa, L., Falcao, A., Amaral, M.D. (2015). Transcriptomics meta-analysis reveals common pathways between Cystic Fibrosis and other respiratory diseases and identifies CFTR regulators. Genomics 106(5):268-277. (DOI: 10.1016/j.ygeno.2015.07.005)
- Sousa, L. (2009). Proteomics: predicting proteins structure. Em Book of Short Papers of the SIS Congress: Statistical Methods for the Analysis of Large Data-Sets, p. 207–210. (ISBN 978-88-6129-457-7)
- Antunes, M., Sousa, L. (2008). Bayesian classification and non- Bayesian label estimation via EM algorithm to identify differentially expressed genes: a comparative study. Biometrical Journal 50(5), 824–836. (DOI:10.1002/bimj.200710468)