O programa detalhado de Cursos Avançados disponibilizados pelo cE3c - Centro de Ecologia, Evolução e Alterações Ambientais para o ano letivo 2018/2019 já está disponível. São 19 cursos, dos quais 4 são oferecidos pela primeira vez.
Estes cursos são direcionados para estudantes inscritos em Programas Doutorais na área da Biologia. Poderão ainda ser frequentados por estudantes pós-graduados inscritos noutros programas doutorais ou mestrados na área da Biologia, ou outros interessados com formação básica adequada (como por exemplo 1.º Ciclo em Biologia ou áreas afins). Em particular, a frequência destes cursos é gratuita para os estudantes a realizar o 1.º ano dos Programas Doutorais em:
- Biologia (FCUL)
- Biodiversidade, Genética e Evolução - BIODIV (ULisboa e UPorto), e
- Biologia e Ecologia das Alterações Globais – BEAG (ULisboa e UAveiro).
Os cursos têm em geral formato intensivo, com duração de uma semana, sendo reconhecidos para o 1.º ano dos Programas Doutorais de estudantes da Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa (FCUL; 5-6 ECTs). Alguns têm um formato mais curto (ver detalhes nos programas de cada curso).
The detailed program of the Advanced Courses organized by cE3c – Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Changes for the academic year 2018/2019 is already available. There are 19 courses in total, of which 4 are new.
These courses are aimed for students enrolled in Doctoral Programmes in the Biology area. They can also be attended by post-graduate students of other Doctoral Programmes or Masters in Biology, or others with basic biology formation (such as BSc in Biology or related areas). In particular, attending these courses is free for students currently in the 1st year of the Doctoral Programmes in:
- Biology (FCUL)
- Biodiversity, Genetics and Evolution - BIODIV (ULisboa and UPorto), and
- Biology and Ecology of Global Changes – BEAG (ULisboa and UAveiro).
The courses have in general an intensive format, with one week of duration, being recognized for the 1st year of the Doctoral Programmes of PhD students of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon (FCUL; 5-6 ECTs). Some have a shorter format (see details in each course’s programme).
Advanced Courses cE3c 2018/2019
- October 15th to October 19th 2018 - Entomological Collections, Insect Systematics and Evolution (Luís Filipe Lopes et al.). Deadline for applications September 15th 2018
- October 22nd to October 26th 2018 - Bioinformatics analysis of biological sequences (Teresa Nogueira & Rita Ponce). Deadline for applications September 28th 2018
- November 5th to November 9th 2018 - Natural History Collections and Biodiversity (Maria Judite Alves et al.). Deadline for applications October 12th 2018
- November 12th to November 16th 2018 - Production of Science Communication Activities (Cristina Luís & Patricia Garcia Pereira). Deadline for applications October 12th 2018
- January 7th to January 11th 2019 - Scientific Writing and Communication (Gabor Lövei). Deadline for applications November 30th 2018
- January 14th to January 18th 2019 - Hands on Functional Diversity: from Ecological Indicators to Ecosystem Services (Laura Concostrina-Zubiri, Paula Matos, Alice Nunes et al.). Deadline for applications December 14th 2018
- January 21st to January 24th 2019 - Island Biogeography (Ana Margarida Santos et al.). Deadline for applications December 14th 2018
- January 28th to February 1st 2019 - Soil ecology and ecosystem services (Teresa Dias & Cristina Cruz). Deadline for applications: December 28th 2018
- February 4th to February 8th 2019 - Until death do us apart: living in a symbiotic world (Silvana Munzi, Cristina Cruz, Luis Carvalho, et al.). Deadline for applications December 14th 2018
- February 4th to February 8th 2019 - Practical course on Phylogenetics (Octávio Paulo). Deadline for applications: January 11th 2019
- February 11 th to February 15 th 2019 - Introduction to R for ecology and evolutionary biology (Vitor Sousa & Inês Fragata). Deadline for applications: January 11th 2019
- February 19th to February 22nd 2019 - Urban Ecology: the green within the city (Ana Catarina Luz, Pedro Pinho, Cristina Branquinho, et al.). Deadline for applications January 18th 2019
- March 18th to March 20th 2019 - Science and the Media (Marta Daniela Santos). Deadline for applications February 15th 2019
- May 13 th to May 17 th 2019 - Nature-Based Design Frameworks (Gil Penha-Lopes & Hugo Oliveira). Deadline for applications April 19th 2018
- June 3rd to June 7 th 2019 - Practical course on Phylogeography (Octávio Paulo). Deadline for applications May 10th 2019
- June 17 th to June 21st 2019 - Applied Methods in Community Ecology and Functional Diversity (Paulo Borges & François Rigal). Deadline for applications April 26th 2019
- June 24th to June 28 th 2019 - Measuring Biodiversity: How to get data, assess its quality and measure different aspects of diversity (Joaquín Hortal). Deadline for applications: May 31st 2019
- July 8th to July 12th 2019 - Stable isotopes in Ecology and Environment: a tool to integrate scales and complexity (Cristina Máguas). Deadline for applications June 1st 2019
- July 15th to July 19th 2019 - Lichens as a Tool for Interpretation of Environmental Changes and Management (Silvana Munzi, Pedro Pinho, Paula Matos et al.). Deadline for applications June 7th 2019