- Beldade P, Mateus ARA, Keller RA. Evolution and molecular mechanisms of adaptive developmental plasticity. Molecular Ecology 20: 1347-1363 (2011).
- Keller RA, Peeters C, Beldade P. Evolution of thorax architecture in ant castes highlights trade-off between flight and ground behaviors. eLife 3: e01539 (2014).
- Lafuente E, Duneau D, Beldade P. Genetic basis of thermal plasticity variation in Drosophila melanogaster body size. PLoS Genetics 14: e1007686 (2018).
- van Bergen E, Beldade P. Seasonal plasticity in anti-predatory strategies: Matching of color and color preference for effective crypsis. Evol Letters 3: 313-320 (2019).
- Lafuente E, Beldade P. The genomics of developmental plasticity: recent progress in animal models. Front Genet 10: 720 (2019).
ContactosDepartamento de Biologia Animal
Telefone Direto 962390212
Carreira Docente Universitário
Categoria Professor Auxiliar
2019-now: Assistant Professor in Evolutionary Biology at the Department of Animal Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon.
2016-2019: Researcher (“Chargé de Recherches” class 1) at the Department of Evolution and Biological Diversity (EDB) of the University of Toulouse (France) – salary obtained in competitive call: CNRS 2015. Leave-of-absence since Feb 2019.
2009-now: Group Leader at the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência (Portugal) – salary obtained in competitive calls: FCT-Ciência2008 2009-2014; FCT-IF2013 2014-2019.
2005-2011: Assistant/Associate Professor at the University of Leiden (The Netherlands) – tenured January 2009; Associate Professor January 2010.
2002-2005: Post-doctoral researcher at the University of California at Irvine (USA) with Dr. Anthony D. Long (EMBO+NSF funding, 24+9 months).
1997-2001: Ph.D. student at the University of Leiden (The Netherlands) with Prof. Paul M. Brakefield (FCT fellowship).
1996/1997: Graduate student at the Gulbenkian Institute of Science in Oeiras, PGDBM program (Portugal).
evolução, desenvolvimento, genética, genómica, ecologia, fisiologia, entomologia
eco-evo-devo; variation; diversification; developmental plasticity; evolutionary genetics; evolutionary novelty; constraints; genomics; physiology; entomology