ContactosDepartamento de Informática
Ext. Principal 26383
Telefone Direto 217500566
Carreira Docente Universitário
Categoria Professor Auxiliar
Tiago Guerreiro is an Assistant Professor at the University of Lisbon (Faculty of Sciences) and a researcher at LASIGE. His main areas of expertise are HCI, Pervasive Healthcare, Accessibility, and Mobile Computing. His research is focused on improving health, accessibility, and privacy, through and to technology, following a user-centred design approach. He has worked closely with people with motor, cognitive, and visual impairments, both in understanding their abilities, and in empowering them with alternative and adaptive interfaces.
In these areas, he has published 75+ peer-reviewed papers. He received awards for 8 papers, including at CHI, ASSETS, SOUPS and MHCI, the flagship venues for HCI, Accessible Computing, Usable Privacy and Mobile HCI, and a Best of Computing award in 2016. He was a PC member for 40+ conferences. He was the Web for All General and Program Chair, in 2016 and 2015, respectively, is Chair of the “Accessibility & Aging” Subcommittee for CHI 2019, and has been an associate chair for CHI in the last five editions, among many other service roles. He participated in 10+ EU projects. He was an expert evaluator for H2020 EU calls and is currently an invited expert supporting the EC in implementing the Web Accessibility Directive.
He teaches Mobile Computing, Web Applications, Game Design, and Data Science courses and currently advises 6 MSc and 4 PhD students. He is a founding and current member of his institution Ethics Review Board, coordinator of LASIGE’s research line on Accessibility and Aging, and member of the coordination board of the Data Science Master at FCUL.
Human-Computer Interaction; Accessible Computing; Pervasive Healthcare; Usable Security
- "What My Eyes Can’t See, A Robot Can Show Me: Exploring the Collaboration Between Blind People and Robots", Mayara Bonani, Raquel Oliveira, Filipa Correia, André Rodrigues, Tiago Guerreiro, Ana Paiva. Proceedings of the ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS), 2018
- Wali Ahmed Usmani, Diogo Marques, Ivan Beschastnikh, Konstantin Beznosov, Tiago Guerreiro, and Luís Carriço. 2017. Characterizing Social Insider Attacks on Facebook. In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '17). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 3810-3820
- Tiago Guerreiro, Kyle Montague, João Guerreiro, Rafael Nunes, Hugo Nicolau, Daniel Gonçalves. 2015. Blind People Interacting with Large Touch Surfaces: Strategies for One-handed and Two-handed Exploration. In Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS’15).
- Hugo Nicolau, Kyle Montague, Tiago Guerreiro, João Guerreiro, and Vicki L. Hanson. 2014. B#: chord-based correction for multitouch braille input. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1705-1708. DOI=10.1145/2556288.2557269.
- João Oliveira, Tiago Guerreiro, Hugo Nicolau, Joaquim Jorge, and Daniel Gonçalves. 2011. Blind people and mobile touch-based text-entry: acknowledging the need for different flavors. In The proceedings of the 13th international ACM SIGACCESS conference on Computers and accessibility (ASSETS '11). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 179-186. DOI=10.1145/2049536.2049569.