Ana Paula Pereira Afonso
ContactosDepartamento de Informática
Ext. Principal 26344
Telefone Direto 217500153
Carreira Docente Universitário
Categoria Professor Auxiliar
Ana Paula Afonso is Assistant Professor at the Informatics Department (DI) of the Faculty of Science of University of Lisbon (FCUL) where she works since 1989. She teaches subjects like Mobile Computing, Web Applications and Services, Software Engineering Project, among others. She is a researcher at XLDB, a research team of LASIGE (Large-Scale Informatics Systems Laboratory), since 1998. Her research interests are: Mobile computing; Location and context computing, Mobile Visualization; Spatial Temporal Visualization, Interactive Visualization. She has a PhD in Informatics from FCUL in 2004, with a thesis titled "Methodology for Information Appliance Design" in the field of Mobile Computing. She graduated in Computer Science from the same University in 1988, in the field of Artificial Intelligence - Intelligent Tutoring Systems. She is a member of the Council of the Department of Informatics and member of the Scientific Council of LASIGE since 2004.
Computação móvel, visualização espácio-temporal, sistemas móveis interativos
Mobile computing; Location and context computing, Spatial Temporal Visualization, Interactive Visualization, Visual Analytics.
- Tiago Gonçalves, Ana Paula Afonso, António Ferreira, Ana Rita Vieira, Trajectory Data Visualization on Mobile Devices with Animated Maps, The 37th Annual Conference of the European Association for Computer Graphics, EUROGRAPHICS 2016, May 9-13, 2016.
- Tiago Gonçalves, Ana Paula Afonso and Bruno Martins, Cartographic Visualization of Human Trajectory Data: Overview and Analysis, Journal of Location Based Services, 9(2):138-166, 2015.
- Paulo Pombinho, Maria Beatriz Carmo, Ana Paula Afonso, Adaptive Mobile Visualization – The Chameleon Framework. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Systems (ComSys), 12(2): 445-464, 2015.
- Maria Beatriz Carmo, Ana Paula Afonso, António Ferreira, Ana Paula Cláudio, Edgar Montez, Symbol Adaptation Assessment in Outdoor Augmented Reality. International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications, GRAPP 2014, pp. 387-396, Lisbon, January 5-8, 2014.
- Maria Beatriz Carmo, Ana Paula Cláudio, António Ferreira, Ana Paula Afonso, Edgar Montez and Raúl Simplício, Improving Symbol Salience in Augmented Reality. International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications, GRAPP 2013, pp. 367-372, Barcelona, February 21-24, 2013.