Tuition Fees 2020/2021
The Tuition Fee Regulation of the University of Lisbon, approved by Ordinance No. 5621/2015 of 27 May, regulates matters related to tuition costs that are shared with students, by means of payment of an attendance fee to the institutions where students are enrolled, called tuition fee.
In accordance with the Ordinance D/33/2020 of 16 July, the annual tuition fee payable by FCUL students may be settled in one single payment or in instalments.
Information on payment deadlines and tuition fees for the academic year 2020/2021 is available here.
Other Courses: for tuition fees, please read the Resolution of 30 April / 15 June 2020.
- Grant holders from the Social Services of ULisboa (SASULisboa), and those proving that they have applied and are waiting on a decision, must proceed with the payment of tuition fees after the start of the effective payment of scholarships. When a grant application is rejected, students must pay all overdue tuition fees within ten days as from the date of reception of such notification.
Students who did not settle the tuition fees
- Students who did not settle the tuition fees within the time limits may pay the amount owed plus interest, within the legal terms, in accordance with the provisions of Article 44 of the General Tax Law. The interest referred to shall be payable from the due date of each instalment.
- The other consequences arising from non-payment of fees due should be consulted in the legislation in force and taking into account the period to which the debt relates:
- Article 29 of Law No. 37/2003, of 22 August, as amended by Law No. 42/2019, of 21 June, with entry into force on 1 April, 2020, and in its previous wording;
- Tuition Fees Regulation of the University of Lisbon, published in annex to the Ordinance No. 5621/2015, of 27 May;
- General Tax Law, published in an annex to Decree-Law No. 398/98, of 17 December, as currently worded.
- Payment of tuition fees is no longer mandatory when a request for cancellation of registration in all course units for the ongoing academic year is accepted. All tuition fees continue to be due if the student has attended the programme.
The fees for each academic act are listed in the corresponding table:
- FCUL Fees (Resolution No. 1580/2015 of 12 August, modified by the Resolution No. 211/2017 of 20 March, by the Resolution No. 901/2017 of 10 October and by the Resolution No. 674/2019 of 05 June)
- Rectorate of the University of Lisbon Fees (Ordinance No. 3968/2015 of 21 April, modified by the Ordinance No. 8152/2018 of 20 August and the Ordinance No. 3086/2019 of 20 March)