The Tuition Fee Regulation of the University of Lisbon, approved by Ordinance No. 5621/2015 of 27 May, regulates matters related to tuition costs that are shared with students, by means of payment of an attendance fee to the institutions where students are enrolled, called tuition fee.
In accordance with Ordinances D/131/2017 and D/134/2017, the annual tuition fee payable by FCUL students may be settled in one single payment or in instalments. Information on payment deadlines and tuition fees for the academic year 2017/2018 is available here (exceptionally, these payment deadlines are not applicable to certain programmes).
Students of 3rd cycle programmes pay the 1st instalment upon registration, and the following 3 instalments are paid with a 3-month interval.
Tuition Fees of non-awarding degree Postgraduate Programmes, except those of post-doctoral programmes, are 20.00 Euro per credit. Attendance of post-doctoral programmes is subject to the payment of 25.00 Euro (annual amount).
Tuition Fees per Programme 2017/2018 (including International Students)
- General Studies (Bachelor Programme) - 1.063,47€ (annual value)
- Health Sciences (Bachelor Programme) - 1.063,47€ (annual value)
- Biology of Plant Resources (Master Programme) - 3.000€ (annual value for international students)
- Cognitive Science (Master Programme) - 1.200€ (annual value)
- Complexity Sciences (Master Programme) - 1.300€ (1st year) + 1.200€ (2nd year)
- Scientific Culture and Outreach in Science - 1.200€ (annual value for EU students)
- Biology and Geology Teaching (Master Programme) - 1.063,47€ (annual value)
- Informatics Teaching (Master Programme) - 1.063,47€ (annual value)
- Mathematics Teaching (Master Programme) - 1.063,47€ (annual value)
- Physics and Chemistry Teaching (Master Programme) - 1.063,47€ (annual value)
- Microbiology (Master Programme) - 1.063,47€ (annual value)
- Science in Navigation and Geomatics (Master Programme) - 1.200€ (annual value)
- Sea Science and Business Administration (Postgraduate Studies) – 2.950€ (full course)
Grant holders from the Social Services of ULisboa (SASULisboa), and those proving that they have applied and are waiting on a decision, must proceed with the payment of tuition fees after the start of the effective payment of scholarships. When a grant application is rejected, students must pay all overdue tuition fees within ten days as from the date of reception of such notification.
Students who did not settle the tuition fees within the time limits may pay the amount owed plus interest, within the legal terms, in accordance with the provisions of Article 29 b) of Law No. 37/2003 of 22 August (Higher Education Funding Bases). Interest accrues as from maturity date of each instalment due. The student's enrolment is suspended until tuition fees are duly paid. The student cannot perform any academic activity, as well as obtain certification of any academic information regarding the period in debt.
Should the student have not paid the owed tuition fee plus the corresponding default interest at the end of the academic year:
- The student's academic performance during the academic year in debt will be null;
- The student's enrolment and registration will be suspended;
- The student will not be allowed to register in any University of Lisbon programme until the amounts owed are fully paid.
Payment of tuition fees is no longer mandatory when a request for cancellation of registration in all course units for the ongoing academic year is accepted. All tuition fees continue to be due if the student has attended the programme.
The fees for each academic act are listed in the corresponding table: