ContactosCentro de Ciências Moleculares e Materiais
Ext. Principal 28433
Telefone Direto 217500913
Carreira Docente Universitário
Categoria Professor Auxiliar
Prof Sohel Murshed received his PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Before joining here in University of Lisbon, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and University of Central Florida (UCF), USA. Besides 6 books and 20 book-chapters he has so far authored/co-authored more than 115 scientific publications in leading international journals and conferences. Several of his papers have been classified as Highly Cited Papers by Web of Science (Essential Science Indicators). His current total citation count: 3592 with h-index of 22 (Google Scholar). Since 2012 he has been serving as an editor of “Journal of Nanofluids” publishing by American Scientific Publishers and is also member of editorial board of several other international journals. Prof Sohel Murshed is a management committee member and a group leader of a European COST action on nanofluids (NanoUptake). He has served as a reviewer for research proposals for different organizations, post-graduate theses, and about 40 international journals including for Nature.
Nanofluids; Heat transfer and fluids properties; Microfluidics; Advanced energy and cooling technologies
- Murshed S.M.S. and Nieto de Castro C.A., Nanofluids: Synthesis, Properties and Applications, Nova Science Publishers Inc., New York, 2014, 296p (ISBN: 978-1-63321-677-8)
- Murshed S.M.S., Electronics Cooling, INTECH, Rijeka, 2016 (ISBN: 978-953-51-4672-8)
- Murshed S.M.S., Leong K.C. and Yang C., Enhanced thermal conductivity of TiO2-water based nanofluids, International Journal of Thermal Sciences 44 (2005) 367-373. [=>This is classified as a Highly Cited Paper by Essential Science Indicators and has citations of 639 (Scopus) and 914 (Google scholar)]
- Murshed S.M.S., Nieto de Castro C.A., Lourenço M.J.V., Lopes M.L.M. and Santos F.J.V., A review of boiling and convective heat transfer with nanofluids, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15 (2011) 2342-2354. [This is classified as a Highly Cited Paper by Essential Science Indicators and has citations of 101 (Scopus) and 132 (Google Scholar)]
- Murshed S.M.S. and Nieto de Castro C.A., A critical review of traditional and emerging techniques and fluids for electronics cooling, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 78 (2017) 821-833.