The Faculty of Sciences is part of international networks for the development of science and technology. Its participation has several forms:
- By developing R&D projects in international consortia;
- By fully participating in international advanced education programmes;
- By being part of large collaborations and a variety of networks that get together to achieve large and complex objectives;
- By being a participant in the development of European research infrastructures;
- By rendering services to non-national companies;
- By participating in the activities of many international science and technology organisations;
- By receiving foreign students and researchers in its research units.