ContactosLaboratório de Modelação de Agentes (LabMag)
Ext. Principal 26701
Telefone Direto 217500565
Categoria Investigador FCT 2013
Sara Silva obtained a BSc and MSc in Informatics at the University of Lisbon, and a PhD (2008) in Informatics Engineering at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Her main research interests are bio-inspired machine learning methods for data mining, like neural networks, genetic algorithms, and particularly genetic programming, which she has applied in several interdisciplinary projects ranging from remote sensing and forest science to epidemiology and medical informatics.
Sara Silva has around 60 peer-reviewed scientific publications, 10 of which distinguished with nominations and international awards. She is a member of the editorial board of the Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines journal, and has been chair of several international conferences on Evolutionary Computation. More recently she has been appointed co-editor of SIGEVOlution, the ACM SIGEVO newsletter, and editor-in-chief of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) in 2015, the largest world conference on this field. She is the creator and developer of GPLAB - A Genetic Programming Toolbox for MATLAB.
Genetic Programming, other flavours of Evolutionary Computation and all other biologically inspired methods.
Applications, mostly in Biomedical Informatics and Remote Sensing.
- RANSAC-GP: Dealing with Outliers in Symbolic Regression with Genetic Programming (2017). U López, L Trujillo, Y Martinez, P Legrand, E Naredo, S Silva. European Conference on Genetic Programming, 114-130.
- Multiclass classification through multidimensional clustering (2016). S Silva, L Muñoz, L Trujillo, V Ingalalli, M Castelli, L Vanneschi. Genetic Programming Theory and Practice XIII, 219-239.
- A C++ framework for geometric semantic genetic programming (2015). M Castelli, S Silva, L Vanneschi. Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines 16 (1), 73-81.
- Geometric selective harmony search (2014). M Castelli, S Silva, L Manzoni, L Vanneschi. Information Sciences 279, 468-482.
- Operator equalisation for bloat free genetic programming and a survey of bloat control methods (2012). S Silva, S Dignum, L Vanneschi. Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines 13 (2), 197-238.