You can learn more on the Unit's official webpage on the FCUL website.
The IT Unit is responsible for managing, implementing, providing support and promoting the use of computer, communication and multimedia services and systems within the scope of FCUL activities (as well as planning such activities). It also provides support at higher decision-making levels and issues reports to relevant authorities, under the legal terms in force. Our Unit has the following duties:
- Providing face-to-face user support and in-classroom labs support;
- Managing IT systems, providing software support to FCUL management;
- Managing technological infrastructures, including:
- Administrating systems and networks;
- Planning and administrating server and services architecture;
- Fitting and setting up servers and virtualisation technologies;
- Managing IT systems and support services.
- Planning and administrating the FCUL communications infrastructure, including deploying active network and VoIP equipment;
- Providing support for e-learning and multimedia activities in the classroom or at events.
Where we are
The IT Unit is in Building C1, Level 2, in Rooms 1.2.6, 1.2.7, 1.2.8, 1.2.9 and 1.2.10.
Our reception desk is in room 1.2.10, across the Students' Space on Level 2 of building C1 (IT labs corridor that leads to the Workers' Association bar).