Submitting your application
1. User account creation
Students from FCUL, with a valid account - login with your student number and password at https://fenix.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/ and access to the application form in the tab “Candidate”.
Students from FCUL, without a valid account - you must request new access credentials through one of the following ways:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your student number and full name;
- At the IT Unit (C1 Building, Room 1.2.10).
Afterwards you can access the application form in the tab “Candidate”.
Other Applicants - you must create an account at
Once the account has been created, an e-mail indicating the login (bennuXXX ) will be sent to the address specified in the form.
To proceed with the application, login at https://fenix.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/ and fill in the application form available in the Tab “Candidate”. If you do not receive the e-mail, or you forget your password, you can request it at https://fenix.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/passwordResetRequest.
2. Choose the course which you are applying for.
3. Fill in all the fields presented in the application “tabs”.
4. Gather the required and mandatory documents for upload, namely:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of Completion/ Master’s Diploma and/or Bachelor’s 1 2 3 or legal equivalent 4;
- Master’s and/or Bachelor’s grade certificates 1 2 3;
- Certificate of Syllabus and Workload of the concluded subjects (only applicable to students whose Master’s/Bachelor’s degree is from a foreign institution) if requested by the coordinator of the course 2 3;
- Identity Card or Taxpayer Card (optional) 3;
- Cover letter;
- Work plan indicating the general objectives to be achieved - Optional;
- Declaration of acceptance from the selected supervisor(s).
1 Candidates whose Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree or legal equivalent is from a foreign institution (outside of the EU), must send all desired certificate(s) to the Portuguese consular services, or be presented with the Apostille (Hague Convention) by the competent authority of the state from which the documents originate.
2 Whenever the certificates or diploma are not originally published in Portuguese, English, French or Spanish, they must be translated into one of these languages.
3 Candidates who are not FCUL students should bring the original documents to the enrolment day.
4 The recognition of qualifications provided for in Decree-Law no. 66/2018, from 16th of August, are considered as legal equivalences to a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, as well as the degrees recognized or that have already been considered equivalents by the previous legislation (Decree-Law no. 283/83 from 21st June, and Decree-law no. 341/2007 from 12th October).
5. Upload the required documents within the application form. It requested that the uploaded documents are in a Word, PDF or image format (e.g. jpeg, gif, png, etc.).
Candidates that do not provide all the documents required as instructed will not be accepted/evaluated.
6. Submit application.
7. Wait to receive an email regarding payment of the application fee.
The application fee costs €50.00.
The payment should be completed after receiving the email through the Post Graduate Studies Area via one of the following ways:
- ATM reference;
- Bank transfer by ATM's, Internet or any Bank.
Payments must be made during the respective application period (payments will not be accepted during the 1st period to pay for subsequent applications in the 2nd period).
8. In the case of having paid via bank transfer, the respective receipt should be submitted alongside the application in the BANK TRANSFER tab.
During the application process, candidates will receive notifications by email and will be able to check the status of their application.