National and International Programmes
There have been countless research and development funding programmes over the years.
The interrelationships between them are sometimes confusing, as the major programmes are organised by axes, measures, sub-programmes, etc., with different scopes according to their origin. On the other hand, there are numerous programmes - including community programmes - that fund other R&D programmes, which can be managed nationally by managing bodies (such as FCT, the National Innovation Agency or IAPMEI) and that apply different rules (namely for budget justification) depending on the actual funding sources.
In order to systematise information, the funding programmes can be grouped into the following major groups:
- QCA II (1994-1999)
- QCA III (2000-2006)
- QREN (2007-2013)
- PORTUGAL 2020 (COMPETE 2020, POISE, POCH, POSEUR, etc.)
- 6PQ / FP6 (6th FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME)
- 7PQ / FP7 (7th FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME)
- HORIZON 2020
- EUROPEAN COMMISSION (LIFE+, ERASMUS+, etc.)
- OTHER INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMES (ESA, ESO, EDA, CERN, EEAGrants, NATO, CYTED, etc.)
- OTHER NATIONAL PROGRAMMES (FCG, Ciência Viva, etc.)
Excel file available with hierarchical classification of Funding Programmes. This file will be updated whenever appropriate. File internally generated to facilitate the classification of projects and programmes and their correspondence with statistical criteria. This file is not official.