One of the main concerns of all incoming students is where to stay when arriving in Lisbon for the first time. The following information aims to help you to know what type of accommodation there is available and what is best for you.
Student Residences of ULisboa
The Social Services of Universidade de Lisboa (SASUL) is the responsible entity for the organisation and distribution of students in its residences. Due to the high number of incoming students ULisboa receives every year, a number of vacancies is established to which mobility students may apply for. As there are limited places they are not guaranteed and some of the vacancies are already reserved for Erasmus+ students, whom arrive to our Schools under this Programme.
In case you are applying as an Erasmus student please read the following information carefully and send us the accommodation form, together with your Erasmus Application (Learning Agreement for Studies/Traineeships).
|APPLICATION DEADLINES 2020/21|
|1st Semester / Full Academic Year||30th June 2020|
|2nd Semester||31st October 2020|
About the Student Residences:
- Rooms are double or triple only. There are no single rooms available;
- Shared kitchen and bathroom facilities;
- Kitchens are provided with a fridge, freezer, microwave, oven and stove;
- Each residence provides bed linen and bath towels;
- The rooms are equipped with a bed, a nightstand, a desk and a wardrobe;
- The free services included are: washing of bed linen and room cleaning, which are done weekly. The common areas are cleaned daily;
- Smoking is not allowed inside the residences;
- The rent cost is around €180 per month (2019/20 price);
- As rent for accommodation is paid monthly, students wishing to move out of accommodation should inform the responsible of the Residence or the Social Services of ULisboa, whichever the case may be, at least one month in advance.
For more information on the Student Residences, please access the Social Services webpage or contact them directly:
Students' Support Office of the Social Services of ULisboa - Accommodation for Students
Building "Cantina Velha", Cidade Universitária, Av. Professor Gama Pinto
Phone: +351 213 611 700
Many Portuguese and international students choose to live in private residences, shared flats or houses in Lisbon. Rooms cost around €300/€350 per month, or more, depending on the size of the room or flat and on its' location as well. Rent tends to include electricity, gas, water and internet, but it depends on the landlord. Prices of studio flats can cost around €450/€550 per month. The contracts and agreements are made strictly between the student and the owner.
Top tips to help you search:
- Check proximity to public transportation;
- Choose a furnished apartment;
- Clarify whether rent includes utilities and use of all common areas;
- The closest areas to Ciências are Campo Grande (Green and Yellow subway lines) and Cidade Universitária (Yellow subway line), but anywhere close to a subway station will be easily accessible;
- Join Erasmus Lisboa/Lisbon groups on social networks (like Facebook); companies, associations and students post often about room vacancies;
- Although they will certainly be cheaper DO NOT choose a room without a window; sunlight and fresh air is important for your physical and mental health.
|Student Organisations||Useful Websites||Temporary Solutions||Hotels (close to Cidade Universitária)|
|ErasmusLifeLisboa||BQuarto.pt||Goodmorning Hostel||Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental|
|ErasmusLisboa||EasyQuarto||Lisbon Old Town Hostel||Hotel 3K Europa|
|ESN Lisboa||Lisbon4U||Pousadas da Juventude||Hotel NH Lisboa Campo Grande|
|InLife Portugal||LisbonRooms||Shiado Hostel||Lisbon Marriott Hotel|
|Liv'In Lisbon||Travellers House Lisbon||Radisson Blu|
|OndaCity||Sana Metropolitan Hotel|